Govt Declares Lockdown in Eastleigh and Old Town in Mombasa

0
524

The government has now declared a cessation of movement in Nairobi’s Eastleigh and Old Town area of Mombasa for the next 15 days, following increased cases of COVID-19 since last week.

“There will no movement into and out of Eastleigh and Old Town in Mombasa from 7pm today,” Health Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe said in his briefing on Wednesday when he announced 47 new positive cases, raising the total infections in the country to 582.

Of the new cases, 32 were from Mombasa and 11 in Nairobi.

“I warned you that cases are increasing and you can see we have more cases,” he said.

ALSO READ  Mudavadi's ANC On The Spot

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here